Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not Reading This Blog Would Be Highly Illogical

Lots to talk about today. Nothing huge, just a wide range of relevant topics.

First, I'd like to extend a hearty congratulatory handshake to myself for being read in seven different countries on three different continents. I believe that qualifies The Intestineless Wonder as being an international blog. I think it needs one more continent and at least double digits countries to be considered global. In due time ...

Second, to all the mothers reading this, Happy Mother's Day. I can honestly say that I would not be where I am right now if it weren't for my mother, and not just because she drove me here. Ha. She's been that rock that I have leaned on for the last 18+ months. Love ya, Mom.

This past weekend was pretty fantastic. I went home for the weekend. My parents and I went to the Tribe game on Friday, where they proceeded to lose 1-0. On Saturday, I hung out with a few friends. We went to see the new Star Trek movie. It was unbelievable. I mean, absolutely fantastic. Everything I could have ever hoped for and so much more. I definitely recommend giving it a shot. Not going to see it would be highly illogical. Bam! Spock reference right in your face!

Then we went downtown for the Tribe game (yes, two in two nights). Our plan was to hit up the Winking Lizard for some dinner before the game because it's about two blocks away from the stadium. We walk in to the Lizard, and the maitre'd asks, "you fellas have your I.D.s?" My response: "For all the not alcohol we're not going to order?" As it turns out, you have to be 21 to eat food and not drink at the Winking Lizard after 5 p.m. on the weekend. So after about fifteen minutes of wondering where to eat (because I thought the Winking Lizard was less of a bar than anything else around us), my father brilliantly suggested walking into the Marriott and asking for a suggestion. They suggested the Irish Pub down the street. I have to admit, I was skeptical, but sure enough, they welcomed us with open arms. It was glorious. I went with the blackened grouper sandwich followed closely by a Gas-X. Then we went to the game where we got our free Cliff Lee Cy Young Award Bobbleheads. We sat in the bleachers and had a grand ol' time. But yet again, the Tribe was shut-out, 4-0.

Late Saturday night, I watched Saturday Night Live, one of my favorite programs. For any loyal SNL viewers, you know that Justin Timberlake has become somewhat of a legend. Well, he was the host on Saturday, and he certainly did not disappoint. Somehow J.T. successfully transformed himself from a teen boy-band member who I hated to a hilarious celebrity who makes me laugh loud and long. You may remember the infamous SNL Digital Short that he was in last time he hosted. This week he and Andy Samberg reprised their roles for the sequel: "Motherlover." In this one, the two are released from prison and have forgotten that it is Mother's Day. They proceed to brainstorm and come up with a gift for their respective mothers that will give them not only a great Mother's Day but also a great Mother's Night. Ha. Hilarity ensues. I suggest giving it a quick once-over. Viewer discretion advised, though.

On Sunday, the fam and I went to the grandparents' house and spent the day there. It was a good Mother's Day.

And that brings us to tonight: the season finale of House. All I can say about the last three episodes is that they are a brilliantly written masterpiece which is far and away the best series of episodes in the entire series. I cannot get over how mind-blowing it was.

Anyway, I think that's about it for right now. I am four and a half weeks away from summer vacation and returning home for good. Which of course means no more campus food, no more campus people, and no more living in a ten by fifteen cell. It can't come fast enough.

Until then everybody, live long and prosper. -IW

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. It was a great weekend. We can't wait to have you home for good.
    Love you,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Tiberius! Bam Vulcanned!
    I am glad that you had a great time this weekend, you certainly deserved it!
    Thanks again for the Arby's on Saturday night. It was glorious!
    Keep up the great work, stay focused and finish the school year strong!
    Love ya son!

    ReplyDelete