Saturday, March 7, 2009

Serenity Now!

I just typed an entire post, about twice as long as my normal posts, and when I hit published it took me to the OSU Wireless Authentification Page so that I could put in password to prove that I'm allowed to be on the OSU Wireless Network. Needless to say it erased the entire post ... Why am I not surprised?

I guess I'll give recreation a shot, but my heart really isn't in it anymore ...

I was on my way to bed last night when I felt it: number 13 lodging itself in my right ureter... Ugh, i'm tired, it's just not gonna happen ... sorry.

Long story short: Roommate's friend vomitted all over my futon and the floor in our room. Roommate said he would scrub dried in vomit out of the futon early this morning. At ten o'clock tonight he finally did it, but only because I pestered him. So I'm the bad guy who "really needs to just chill" and "relax" because roommate doesn't "know what [I] want [him] to do about it now." I wanted him to clean his friend's partially digested dinner from my futon.

The post was really long and intricate and amazing. I'm really disappointed.

One line I remember: My Farrell relatives wonder why I never embraced alcohol as a lifestyle choice. Is it really so hard to understand? Besides my lack of ability to adequately digest the substance, it has the ability to turn even the most intelligent people into blithering idiot's who vomit on their friend's roommate's furniture.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that my first post was deleted ... It hurts almost as much as it does to go to the movies alone, which I did today to see Watchmen...

Go Zips -IW

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there kid...You get a break from it all in less than a week...Don't know what to say about the futon, but glad you were able to handle the whole scene without getting sick yourself...even though the idea of you reacting w/an over the side upchuck on the guest upchucking below might have been worth it.HA!
    Love you,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things son; I don't know if you are keeping track at home, but you are 3 hits shy of 200 on the blog! Awe... wait for it... some! You are also international (at least North America as you had a Canadian check out the sight. Last but not least, it is time to negotiate the sale of said futon to said roomate. It is only fair ( swap it out for the tv...?)
    As difficult as things seem to be just remember the tremendous amount of material you have for your blog...the blog practically writes itself.
    Hang in there, study hard and we will see you soon!
    Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmm.....is this the same futon you offered to sell to justin???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhh ... no, definitely not. Yea, totally different futon ... They couldn't be more different ... because they're not the same. ... Yea, it was the same futon ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - It's Renee from Laguna Beach in CA. I just caught up reading all the posts. You are such an inspiration. And maybe I only know this because I too am living with short gut. Knowing what my life is like, I cannot believe you are living in a college dorm situation. I know it is disappointing to put your “dreams” on hold or to change them completely. The thing is you have to do what is best for you right now. And mostly that is going to be the love and support of family and friends and getting you the diet that will support your system the best. I just got home from Cabo, and my system was messed up for a week. Something new I just found out about is an amino acid that the villi love. It is glutamine, nestle nutrition makes a product called “GlutaSolve” . Glutamine is the preferred amino acid fuel source for the GI tract and is recognized to play an important role in GI health. My home health care provider was able to have 4 boxes of samples sent to my house for free. Which is about $120 worth of product. It would be good to try it first and see if you notice a difference.

    ReplyDelete