Saturday, March 7, 2009

What Has Two Thumbs and is Ready to be a Zip?

Watchmen came out today. It looks so cool and is supposed to be really good. Yesterday a kid who lives across the hall from me asked if I wanted to go see it tonight with him and a couple other kids on the floor, to which I replied, "Definitely." After class today, they were nowhere to be found. Until around 7, when I asked, "hey are we still going to see Watchmen tonight?" They said that they were instead going to go to some party somewhere and get trashed. Okay, fine. I'll stay in and watch the Cavs v. Celtics game. At halftime, I went to do some things that everybody does but is particularly important to someone with short-gut ... I'll leave it at that. But while in there, they congregated in the hall, and one said, "Are you guys ready for Watchmen?!" And they all left to go to the movie ... successfully ditching the plague that is me, I suppose.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this. This never happened to me at Walsh; I never did it to anyone else at Walsh. Want proof? Senior year, our homecoming group was made up of 12 guys and 18 girls. 30 people in a group. Most were between 10 and 16 because people started to get the "Exclusivity Itch." I guess I'm falling victim to that itch here, now. But I don't know how to combat it ...

So once again I sat in my room alone tonight, watched the Cavs get trashed by the C's, and started to watch Fight Club online. It's been 72 minutes, so now I have to wait a half hour before continuing the movie.

Roommate has a friend here this weekend, too. Which means the futon will be occupied through all hours of the day as well. So I'll be exiled from the room while some bum sleeps the day away.

Maybe I'll go see Watchmen ... alone. -IW

No comments:

Post a Comment