Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kidney Stone Scare

Post number 2 .... awesome. I woke up this morning, got myself a gun - sorry that's the beginning to the Sopranos theme song, and I couldn't help myself. Anyway, I woke up this morning and felt the ominous twinge in my lower back on the right side. Kidney stone number 11. So I e-mailed the instructor of my golf class, telling her that I would not be in attendance today, I made a bowl of oatmeal, and I got my pain medication ready so that I could time the dosages around my classes. A half hour later, the pain was gone. Two hours later, it was back. Then it was gone again. It continued like that all day... So while other students waltz about campus worrying about which boy or girl made eyes at them at the last kegger, I walked around wondering if I was indeed passing my 11th kidney stone, or if my mind was making up the pain because of the glorious release provided by pain medications. A possible non-kidney stone was able to prevent me from the only class that I look forward to: Golfing 101. It is only on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Last Wednesday was a snow day, and the last two Mondays have been guest speakers (more like guest sleepers, boom roasted!). Maybe on Monday I will get to hit a few golf balls... O yea, it was -2 with the wind chill today. Classes were torturously boring today: hyperbolas in math, direct and indirect object pronouns in spanish, and electric potential in physics. That's code for glazed eyes in math, yawns in spanish, and mindless doodling in physics :-) I can smell pizza. Someone in my dorm has a pizza. I really, really miss pizza. Real pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, grease soaking through the box, dipped in Papa John's garlic butter dipping sauce. A glorious heart attack waiting to happen. I (used to) like me some Papa John's. Buffalo wings, too? Yea, I smell buffalo wings. That's odd, people generally don't order pizza and wings at 11 at night on a Wednesday. LeBron dropped 52 on the Knicks tonight. Take that Jay-Z ... he's ours for at least a couple more years. Take that Kobe ... LeBron scored 52 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists two nights after you scored 61 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists against the exact same team in the exact same arena. Advantage: LeBron.

2 comments:

  1. megan said...
    Hey Kiddo,
    Way to scare me with the start of your post...Michelle and I have been fighting some sort of flu...so we know just what you are going through....Ha...just kidding...a lot of new info. from Kim...I will look into it...warmer weather is on the way...see you tomorrow...
    love,
    me
    P.S. I had to copy this from the comments of your first post. Oops!! love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnny,Well this is my second attempt to blog comment. My first try was a blooper, and I wonder if this one will reach you either. I love the way you write, and I feel that if you ever decide that what you think is cool now does not work out as a career choice,I suggest you should try journalism. Your thoughts are so creative,interesting and enticing. Life sometimes presents so many avenues, you know. I was actually a stringer for the Tallmadge Express for five years with my own byline. It was great fun. Wasn't the 52 points made by LeBron exciting. I was biting my fingers nails right along with the L train. Hope they do as well with the Lakers on Sun, but that will be a tough one. I think your blog regarding your life these many past months could not only help you, but may be long ranging support to many others. You could end up being a premier source/point of info. But in any case, you are a true inspiration to all of us, and we mavel your strength through all of these past months. Those "guts" you truely do have. Keep writing, honey. And I hope those kidney stones have had enough of your bod. Now it is time for me to try to send this. I wonder what planet it will end up in this time. Take care of Johnny Wm for us.
    We love you very much.
    A Bev xox

    ReplyDelete